AAPT Collaborative Projects
AAPT sponsors or participates in many special projects designed to enhance the teaching of physics and astronomy. Many projects are funded in part by the National Science Foundation, as well as by partner organizations such as the American Physical Society, the American Institute of Physics and the Society of Physics Students. Details of the projects with which AAPT is currently involved are located here.
- National Task Force on Undergraduate Physics (NTFUP)
- Physics Teaching Education Coalition (PhysTEC)
- Physics Teaching Resource Agents (PTRA)
- Powerful Ideas in Physical Science (PIPS)
- Preparing Future Physics Faculty
- SPIN-UP.US Regional Workshops
In August 2011, the AAPT Executive Board approved updated guidelines for anyone considering submitting a proposal to NSF, Department of Education, etc.