The Idaho-Utah Section of the AAPT held its annual meeting, March 11-12, 2011, at Weber State University, Ogden, Utah. Farhang Amiri, section president elect, organized the meeting. Many thanks to Farhang for a very successful event!
There were 47 attendees (those who paid the registration fee). On Saturday, 22 oral presentations were given in three sessions.
Physics Demonstration Show
Friday evening, following dinner, we gathered for a physics demonstration show. The following are photographs from the show:
- Ron Galli, Weber State University, Angular momentum.
- Adam Johnston, Weber State Univeresity, Levitation in an airstream
- Duane Merrell, Brigham Young University, Burning book
- Wayne Peterson, Brigham Young University, Nitrogen tower
- Steve Shropshire, Idaho State University, Exploding balloon
We conducted our business meeting following lunch.
We held elections of section officers. The officers of our section are now constituted as follows:
- President; Farhang Amiri, Weber State University (former president elect, automatically succeeded our former president, Steve Shropshire.)
- President-Elect: Bryan Pyper, Brigham Young University Idaho (former Vice President, automatically succeeded our former president-elect, Farhang Amiri. He will organize our annual section meeting in 2012.)
- Vice President: Phil Matheson, Utah Valley University (elected)
- Treasurer: Adam Beehler, University of Utah (re-elected)